Aliasing a domain any implications for DNSSEC/DANE

John john at klam.ca
Fri Jan 16 14:35:11 CET 2015

I originally thought of using dname records for the domain aliases and
cname records for the TLSA records.
But for this to work I would need  to enable recursion on the
authoritative server. I understand that for very good reasons this is
considered a very bad idea., therefor I wont go tin this direction.

As an alternative I a considering using the same zone file for all three
zones.
I assume that i should only have maintain and inline on the main domain
domain entry in bind.
Is this the "best" way of  aliasing? What gotchas should I be aware of?

--
John Allen
KLaM