Multiple Domain Setup

alexk at kulturserver.de alexk at kulturserver.de
Tue Aug 23 14:39:49 CEST 2022

Hi everyone,

we're planning on installing automx2 and some questions arose, maybe
someone here is able to help.

We are working with multiple maildomains that all run on the same
server, so we would set up an A-Record for autoconfig.example.com and
use a CNAME to this for any further domains like autoconfig.domain.com.

Should both domains be listed in the automx2 database, even though they
point to the same server? Or would it suffice if Thunderbird asks
example.com for data?

What we couldn't find in the documentation either, was how to configure
ports and encryption in automx2.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex