LDAP support (Re: Announcing automx2 release 2021.5)

Ralph Seichter automx2 at seichter.de
Tue Oct 5 15:05:14 CEST 2021

* Lars Täuber:

> Do you plan to support LDAP in the near future?

Your question surprised me a little, so I looked things up. According to
the change log [1], LDAP support has been available since January 2020,
but it turns out that the documentation does not make a mention of how
to employ this feature. I guess I should update the docs.

In brief, LDAP servers can be used to look up a user's ID and common
name attributes based on the email address supplied by the MUA
contacting automx2. Is this what you had in mind?

-Ralph

[1] https://github.com/rseichter/automx2/blob/master/CHANGELOG