ANN: automx2 v2019.0

Wolfgang Rosenauer wolfgang at rosenauer.org
Wed Jan 1 15:01:59 CET 2020

Hi,

Am 13.12.19 um 15:12 schrieb Patrick Ben Koetter:
> We are pleased to announce the release of automx2 v2019.0.
>
> automx2 is successor to automx. It is a complete rewrite of automx by Ralph
> Seichter. It brings Python 3.7+ support, has 100% test coverage and a more
> complete documentation. automx2 has been designed to be easier to setup,
> easier to configure and easier to use.

I started to look into it to migrate away from the earlier version.
But just from checking documentation and the provided examples I'm not
sure if and how migration of my setup would look like while it appears
relatively simple being a static configuration.

Here is what I currently use:

smtp = yes
smtp_server = submission.abc.de
smtp_port = 587
smtp_encryption = starttls
smtp_auth = plaintext
smtp_auth_identity = %s
smtp_refresh_ttl = 6
smtp_default = yes

imap = yes
imap_server = imap.abc.de
imap_port = 993
imap_encryption = ssl
imap_auth = plaintext
imap_auth_identity = %s
imap_refresh_ttl = 6

pop = yes
pop_server = pop.abc.de
pop_port = 995
pop_encryption = ssl
pop_auth = plaintext
pop_auth_identity = %s
pop_refresh_ttl = 6

carddav = yes
carddav_server = https://dav.abc.de/
carddav_auth_identity = %s

caldav = yes
caldav_server = https://dav.abc.de/
caldav_auth_identity = %s

ox = yes
ox_server = https://ox.abc.de/
ox_auth_identity = %s

follow = imap_starttls

[imap_starttls]
backend = static_append

imap = yes
imap_server = imap.abc.de
imap_port = 143
imap_encryption = starttls
imap_auth = plaintext
imap_auth_identity = %s
imap_refresh_ttl = 6

The examples I have seen do not really explain how to advertise the same
service (e.g. imap as above) under different configurations where one is
preferred by the ordering.

Also the caldav, carddav, and ox services only are supported in the
autodiscover protocol. Just from an unexperienced view on the code I'm
not sure how and if this is currently possible.

Any hints?

Thanks,
 Wolfgang