automx.html not working

john at youcantspoilababy.org john at youcantspoilababy.org
Fri Jul 22 04:46:50 CEST 2016

I have logging enabled, but nothing is logged.  All other typical automx
activities are being logged (e.g. when I run automx-test, I see tons of
good stuff), but nothing when I visit the site.  No apache error log
entries, or any other log entries as far as I can see.

I've tried this in vanilla MSIE, Chrome, and Safari.  Same thing in all
- nothing happens when I click, no logs, nothing.

Can you tell me more about how it functions?  What's the javascript
actually doing?  I was going to read through it myself, but it appears
obfuscated, and there's a ton of it.

I did manage to assemble a work-around... but it's pretty lame.  I just
built a simple HTML form where the user enters their email, and upon
submit it issues a post to the automx /mobileconfig page, resulting in a
configured mobileconfig file getting downloaded and applied.  It's
crude, but then again, it's like 4 lines of HTML and accomplishes
everything I needed.  That said, it feels like the wrong answer.

Thanks