automx with MySQL - examples ?

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Tue Mar 20 14:53:43 CET 2012

Hi,

> i have setup a test-VE for AutoMX, but with SQL (in detail with mysql) there are problems. It seems, that there is no sql query at all, so the sql variables are not filled and therefore the XML has the variablenames in there.
>
> I did not find any example of the sql backend configuration, so debuging is quite complicated for a non python dev :)

It is in the file called automx-complex.conf (not sure at the moment, if this one is in the tar ball)

Anyways here is an example for you:

[automx]
provider = example.com
domains = *

[DEFAULT]
account_type = email
account_name = example
account_name_short = example

# If a domain is listed in the automx section, it may have its own section. If
# none is found here, the global section is used.
[global]
backend = sql
action = settings

host = mysql://root:PASSWORD@mysqlservername_or_ip/databasename

# This query must be changed for your setup
query = SELECT mail_addr FROM mail_users WHERE mail_addr='%s';
result_attrs = mail_addr

smtp = yes
smtp_server = mail.example.de
smtp_port = 587