automx with MySQL - examples ?

Ronny rboesger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 14:10:03 CET 2012

Hi there,

i have setup a test-VE for AutoMX, but with SQL (in detail with mysql)
there are problems. It seems, that there is no sql query at all, so the
sql variables are not filled and therefore the XML has the variablenames
in there.

I did not find any example of the sql backend configuration, so debuging
is quite complicated for a non python dev :)

I have a centos 6.2 64bit minimal install, with httpd, alchemy, mysqldb
and python2.6. I have configured all, like the examples show me. All is
fine. But the sql query seem to not be executed or the "result_attrs"
are not correctly filled.
Could someone send me a sql enabled automx.conf, so that i can verify my
installation ?
Furthermore, the manpage for automx_sql should be filled with a example
(I would do that, if i get automx to work properly).
And last, the debug options should be extended, so that it is easier to
debug sql errors better (i think of a more sql logging in the error log).

My result XML ist ATM like this: (i have reformatted the xml for better
readability)

<clientConfig version="1.1">
  <emailProvider id="example.com">
    <domain>domain.de</domain>
    <displayName>${name} - ${emailadress}</displayName>
    <displayShortName>${name} - ${emailadress}</displayShortName>
   <outgoingServer type="smtp">
    <hostname>${smtpserver}</hostname>
    <port>25</port>
    <socketType>STARTTLS</socketType>
    <authentication>password-encrypted</authentication>
    <username>${emailadress}</username>
    <useGlobalPreferredServer>yes</useGlobalPreferredServer>
   </outgoingServer>
  </emailProvider>
</clientConfig>

As you see, there are variables in the xml, which should be replaced by
sql results.

Hope someone have a hint for me ?

Ronny