Any way to work arround HTTPS for MS config ?

Christian Roessner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Mon Mar 5 19:28:41 CET 2012

Hi,

thanks for your question :)

> For these we use generic mail.isp.com / pop.isp.com / imap.isp.com and smtp.isp.com for mailhandling.
> So we have a certificate for *.isp.com

here is a qucik example for one domain that needs to be redirected:

; ... SOA for 250ok.de.zone
autoconfig		IN	CNAME	autoconfig.roessner-net.de.
_autodiscover._tcp	IN	SRV	1 100 443 www.roessner-net.de.

And the www-domain looks like this:

; ... SOA for roessner-net.de.zone
www		IN	A	78.46.253.226
autoconfig	IN	A	78.46.253.228
; ...

My www-server redirects http for mozilla to https as well ;-) Some kind of double-redirect.

So you get all your clients to https. This requires 2 IPs and you must make sure that the default SSL host is _not_ the same as the regular http VirtualHost.

I am pretty sure we will add documentation examples soon.

-Christian

---
Roessner-Network-Solutions
Bachelor of Science Informatik