SPF (and other email security protocols) Survey

Taejoong (tijay) Chung tijay at vt.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:32:18 CET 2022

Greetings,

The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an easy way to check whether the
sender is authorized to send emails – however, it may cause some security
holes if it causes too many DNS lookups.

Together with researchers from Virginia Tech and Max-Planck-Institut für
Informatik, we would like to understand which challenges operators face
when configuring the proper limit of DNS queries for SPF lookups and when
deploying other email security protocols.

Filling out the survey should take between 5 and 10 minutes; we would
highly appreciate your participation.

 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D9M3ZHV

Please note that we do NOT collect any personal information, thus the
Institutional Review Board (IRB) at Virginia Tech determined the survey as
Non-Human Subjects Research.

*We will aggregate and anonymize all responses during evaluation and share
the results after evaluation. *

Please do not hesitate to drop me a mail if you have questions or comments.

Taejoong "Tijay" Chung, Assistant Professor
Virginia Tech  |  Computer Science
Knowledge Works II, RM 2228
2202 Kraft Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 231-0667| tijay at vt.edu