Pilot phase for DNSSEC/DANE for DFN with dfnsec.de in August 2020

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Wed Jul 1 08:27:36 CEST 2020

> On Jul 1, 2020, at 4:01 AM, Paul Menzel <pmenzel+dane-users at molgen.mpg.de> wrote:
>
> I like to inform you, after several years of waiting, the Deutsche Forschungsnetz will finally offer a solution for using their mail support with DNSSEC/DANE [1]. For whatever reason, they do not want to fiddle/test with dfn.de, and, therefore, are going to introduce the new domain dfnsec.de first.
>
> The pilot phase is going to be from August 3rd to 31st, and they are introducing faulty entries on Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 to 14:00.

I take this to mean that dfn.de is planning to have DNSSEC signed MX
hosts with TLSA RRs under a new dfnsec.de domain.  That's good news,
thanks!  In terms of candidate DNSSEC-signed domains currently using
dfn.de MX hosts, that could/should consider switching to dfnsec.de,
I currently find the following 33 in the DNSSEC/DANE survey dataset:

 ainin.de
 beperfekt.de
 carissma.eu
 cmbb-fcmh.de
 fachhochschule-neu-ulm.de
 fh-ingolstadt.de
 haw-ingolstadt.de
 hnu.de
 hs-ab.de
 ifw-dresden.de
 ifw-dresden.eu
 inp-greifswald.de
 ipk-gatersleben.de
 khu-hessen.de
 ku.de
 litdok.de
 magnetoresistance.de
 magnetwiderstand.de
 mdc-berlin.de
 mpg.de
 mythi.de
 pidconsortium.net
 profit-hpc.de
 project-day.de
 qcnp.org
 robdream.eu
 spinlogik.de
 superconductivity.de
 thi.de
 th-owl.de
 tu.berlin
 ugoe.de
 unigottingen.de

It would be nice to see some of these join the pilot.

--
	Viktor.