Deprecating DNSSEC algorithms 5 (RSASHA1) and 7 (RSASHA1-NSEC3-SHA1)

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Sun Apr 5 21:38:25 CEST 2020

 Viktor Dukhovni writes:

 > On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 03:34:16PM +0200, Hoggins! wrote:
 >
 > > Le 10/01/2020 à 02:19, Viktor Dukhovni a écrit :
 > > > If/when you do decide to switch algorithms, please perform the migration
 > > > with care.  Algorithm rollovers can be tricky.
 > >
 > > Anyone using rollerd? I'd like to upgrade my algorithms and let rollerd
 > > do the whole rollover job for me, just by specifying that I'd like a
 > > specific alg to be used on the next shift, but I'm not sure how to do this.
 >
 > I have never heard of rollerd, but you might do better on a DNS list,
 > rather than the dane-users list.  Perhaps someone on the dns-operations
 > list can help.

It is ancient and from the time before bind had key maintenance
buikd in. And I don't think it will do an alogorithm rollover.  See
the man page (as in https://linux.die.net/man/1/rollerd).

	jaap