xs4all enabled DANE outgoing verification

Andreas Schulze andreas.schulze at datev.de
Mon Sep 3 15:07:55 CEST 2018

Am 03.09.2018 um 12:57 schrieb Jan-Pieter Cornet:
> On smtp.xs4all.nl we enabled DANE outgoing verification, but currently only with a "soft fail": if DANE fails, we fallback to non-DANE delivery... for now. Except for a few hardcoded domains (currently only our own, and havedane.net). If anyone feels confident about their own DANE setup, feel free to send me your domain (or domains), and I'll add it to the list of hardfails.

Hello,

cool stuff!
I assume you use postfix. Could you be more verbose on how you implement what you name as "soft fail"?
I'm currently not aware how to configure the "log dane failures but deliver anyway"

Our domain (datev.de) could be a candidate for your "hardcoded domains". But I expect there is virtually no traffic between your and my users :-/

Andreas

--
A. Schulze
DATEV eG