TLSA TTL value

John Allen john at klam.ca
Wed Mar 29 17:48:42 CEST 2017

I thought that one of the ideas behind TLSA is the ability to validate
CA certificates.
In the event that a certificate is compromised, I would have thought
that removing any information that might make the compromised cert
appear valid should be removed ASAP. In the event that the certificate
is replaced then that information should be updated to reflect the old
cert is "gone" and that new cert is in use.
As I believe there is not a particularly good mechanism for publishing
certificate revocations TLSA appears to provide a mechanism assist in
revoking certs.