Assumptions

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Thu Apr 20 16:50:33 CEST 2017

I don't see how that is valid at all. It can be used as a hint, but
not a hard rule.

I publish 3 records, past certificate that is rotated out, current,
and the next certificate I will roll in.
You should be publishing your standby/failover certificate, if you
want to handle a compromised certificate case.