NEWSFLASH: DANE TLSA records published for web.de!

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Fri Apr 15 09:38:08 CEST 2016

* lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de <lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de>:

> Zitat von Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org>:
> >This is a major milestone in DANE adoption.
>
> I wonder if the rest of the "United Internet" brands will follow
> soon. With gmx.de and web.de this company is responsible for around
> 50% of the non-commercial german e-mail traffic. It looks like they
> also switched their US based brand mail.com to use DANE
> (https://dane.sys4.de/smtp/mail.com).

Like other German mail providers, who want their platform to be BSI certified,
the are/will be required to DANE enable their SMTP service.

They are among the first to adopt the requirements laid out in
https://www.bsi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/BSI/Publikationen/TechnischeRichtlinien/TR03108/TR03108-09.html. I certainly hope many others will follow.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG