DNS Hosting provider issues (mail.mil partly resolved, isphuset.no working on it)

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Fri Apr 8 00:01:23 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 05:02:22AM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> Speaking of poor handling of denial of existence, is anyone on this
> list a DNS hosting customer of "isphuset.no"?
>
>     #WWP-ISPH-922-70734

While the isphuset.no issue is still open, I have some good news on
that front:

    Though no firm date at this time, the issue has not been dropped,
    it seems that upgraded software is undergoing internal testing,
    and once some issues have been ironed out will eventually be
    rolled out.

The "mail.mil" DNS server folks are working on their DNS issue,
and today for the first time one the name servers for "mail.mil"
and similar domains has started responding to TLSA queries.  With
a bit luck the rest will soon follow, but already DANE-enabled
servers should be able to reach the domains below (perhaps after
a couple of retries if DNS queries initially fail) without explicit
work-arounds:

    fai.gov
    afnoc.af.mil
    afms.mil