DNSSEC key rollover

John john at klam.ca
Thu Jan 22 17:59:36 CET 2015

On 1/22/2015 10:08 AM, Carsten Strotmann (sys4) wrote:

>>    * Should the he interval in this setup be checked against TTLs.
> Sorry, I'm not seeing what the "he" interval is. Can you explain?

*/the he -> the/*, I think I typed the twice and only partially removed
the second one.
It should read "Should the intervals in this setup be checked against
TTLs."

However, looking back at it I am not sure what I would be checking them for.

|<--------------------------- Key Life ------------------------------>|
| |
|<- Lead Time ->|<--------- Active  Life --------->|<-  Retirement  ->|
|               | |                  |
|____ __________|__________________________________|__________________|
|    |<-Publish | |                  |
|<- Create      |<- Active              Inactive ->|          Delete->|

I am think of changing the above. Either replace "lead time" with
"latency" and use lead time to describe the period between creation and
publication, or vice versa.

--
John Allen
KLaM