education.lu

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Mon Jan 19 12:15:34 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm testing the new exim 4.85 DANE support and it took only some days to
get in trouble...

One of our users tried to send mail to the domain education.lu.

Their domain and MX hosts are DNSSEC enabled and have TLSA RRs.

The DANE validator
https://dane.sys4.de/smtp/education.lu
says: "Unusable TLSA Records". Most likely because it is type 1 not allowed
for DANE-SMTP?

I've set hosts_try_dane = * in my SMTP transport.

Exim refuses to talk to those hosts at all with "failure while setting up
TLS session". Is this expected behavior in terms of DANE-SMTP? What's
postfix doing in this case?

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria