ANN: tlsa.info and dane.sys4.de merge

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Sat Jan 17 08:32:48 CET 2015

Greetings!

Yesterday night we merged tlsa.info and dane.sys4.de. Since then visitors to
https://www.tlsa.info will be redirected to https://dane.sys4.de permanently.

When Jan Münnich from dotplex <https://www.dotplex.de> set up tlsa.info
there was no working DANE test site at all. And although the test suite at
tlsa.info did only DNS based checks it became the most important DANE test
site within short. From Viktor's surveys tlsa.info accounts for the largest
number of DANE validated domains.

Viktor and Jan had been in private conversation for a while. When Viktor
told him we were planning to create a validator that fully checks DANE
functionality Jan offered to merge the sites.

Our DANE validator benefits from tlsa.info's popularity. Visitors to tlsa.info
get to benefit from our validators functionality. One checker less to visit
when you take out to create a working DANE policy.

Thank you for this exceptional donation, Jan!

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64