What would you like to read about DANE on the test site?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Wed Jan 14 10:53:56 CET 2015

* Markus Benning <ich at markusbenning.de>:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 09:42:32AM +0100, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> > - What is DANE?
> > - Which problems does it solve?
> > - How does it work?
> > - Which SMTP software supports DANE?
>
> For people thinking about implementing DANE it may be useful
> to known who is already using DANE.
>
> May be you can add some statistics like
> "uniqe successfully checked DANE domains".
> Or a list with all domains checked so far.

Yep. DANE statistics are on our ROADMAP.

> Or provide/link some numbers regarding adoption.

Yep.

> May be a few domains can provide numbers on how many
> outgoing mail their systems is able to send using DANE.
> Or it may be possible to take a list of valid senders
> (dnswl.org) and check how many of their domains are DANEified.

That's a good idea, but probably a different project. You seem to be good at
perl. Would you like to create a patch for pflogsum? I think this would be the
right place to do this (and reuse what's there already).

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64