DNS Hosting provider issues (resolved at hostnet.nl)

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Mon Feb 2 22:01:07 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 11:42:35PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 09:53:12PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
>
> > I am now pleased to report that forpsi.cz have fixed all but two
> > of their domains (corner case not addressed by main fix).  With
> > any luck hostnet.nl will follow relatively soon.
> >
> > The top 9 problem DNS hosting providers are now:
> >
> >  481 hostnet.nl
> >  121 citynetwork.se
> >   17 interstroom.nl
> >   10 grdns.cz
> >   10 binero.se
> >    6 metaregistrar.nl
> >    6 swedenmail.com
> >    5 openprovider.eu
> >    4 thosting.cz
>
> It looks like interstroom.nl are done too.

And now hostnet.nl are also done.  This leaves just 203 known broken
domains, with only the below 11 providers with with more than one
broken domain:

     121 citynetwork.se
      11 grdns.cz
      10 binero.se
       7 metaregistrar.nl
       6 swedenmail.com
       4 dnscluster.nl
       4 openprovider.eu
       2 pretecno.it
       2 papaki.gr
       2 kniestdns.nl
       2 forpsi.net

I am hoping for some good news from citynetwork.se in the not too
distant future.  At which point I am basically ready to declare
victory.  The residual problems are essentially noise by comparison
with the 1047 DANE-enabled domains, and ~30,000 domains with DNSSEC
MX records and MX hosts in signed zones that are neither DANE-enabled
(no TLSA records) nor broken.

--
	Viktor.