DNS Hosting provider issues (binero.se and jus.br resolved) and other news...

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Tue Aug 18 07:02:22 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 06:20:01AM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> The clusters operated by an outside provider are still running
> software that has obsolete DNSSEC software.  Binero and I will be
> reaching out to the provider to encourage them to address the issue
> in a timely manner.  With luck, that should remediate any additional
> customers of that provider.

The outside provider has acknowledged the software defect, and will
be working on a fix.  This may take a bit of time, because they
have an in-house developed DNS server, so it is not just a matter
of upgrading to an existing already fixed software release.

>     * Incorrect handling of "denial of existence" in older
>       versions of PowerDNS.

Speaking of poor handling of denial of existence, is anyone on this
list a DNS hosting customer of "isphuset.no"?  I am not having much
luck getting them to respond to an open ticket about 26 domains
they serve that seem to have the above issue.  If you are a customer,
you might have better luck getting them to respond to ticket:

    #WWP-ISPH-922-70734

Alternatively, if you know any of the technical staff there, please
drop them a note.  The problem domains are:

    amihotel.no
    apilar.no
    aprilarkitekter.no
    bgresearch.no
    binzel.no
    cyclingnorway.no
    eh-bygg.no
    fikse-design.no
    flashmedia.no
    golfhandelen.no
    gustavsenas.no
    human-resources.no
    internot.no
    kajakkspesialisten.no
    klimasystem.no
    norskaudioteknikk.no
    olympic.no
    partnerline.no
    quint.no
    rfi.no
    scansat.no
    schou-andreassen.no
    shad.no
    spoe.no
    ti-industrier.no
    zelektro.no

and DANE SMTP servers will defer all main to these domains because
TLSA record lookups SERVFAIL.

--
	Viktor.