disable syslogging for flask.sh

Admin Beckspaced admin at beckspaced.com
Fri Feb 17 16:11:32 CET 2023

> * Admin Beckspaced:
>
>> would it be possible to disable syslog logging for flask?
> Not an automx2 issue, but something that can be influenced using your
> syslog settings. You did not specify which particular system logger
> software you are using, or which platform you are running on, so I won't
> make specific suggestions, but searching the web for how to redirect
> certain messages to /dev/null via your syslog configuration should get
> you started.
>
> -Ralph
Hello Ralph,

thanks a lot for your reply :)

Sorry for the missing info.
It's an openSUSE Leap 15.4 box.
systemd, journal and rsyslog

after a bit of DYI I created a filter-flask.conf in /etc/rsyslog.d

:programname, isequal, "flask.sh" stop

which now discards the flask messages in /var/log/messages

I still see flask.sh logging in systemd-journal

after a bit more of google and modifying the automx2.service

[Service]
StandardOutput=null
StandardError=journal

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart autom2.service

makes mostly all flask.sh logs disappear from systemd-journal

not sure if I want that as I still want to get info if something goes wrong.

anyway, I will stick to only rsyslog filtering for the moment.

thanks
& greetings
Ralf