Autodiscover case-sensitive

Ralph Seichter automx2 at seichter.de
Wed Mar 18 12:37:36 CET 2020

* William Edwards:

> I am aware I am asking many questions on this mailing list.

Not to worry. If the documentation leaves questions unanswered, I'll try
my best to clarify. Juggling ideas is also possible, of course.

Speaking of ideas, it is too early for code contributions. I need to
write a guide first. That won't be a problem, however, because blog
article [1] applies anyway. ;-)

[1] https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2016/03/03/start-with-an-issue/

To formally propose a feature, please file a GitLab issue first, with
all necessary details required for having a discussion and ultimately
making a decision.

> Outlook is trying to get info from /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

I did not expect that. Would you be able to point me to official docs
which I might have missed?

> I could of course enable mod_speling in the proxy (Apache), but that
> would be a dirty workaround.

Rewriting the URL to lowercase comes to mind. I'm not sure what the
easiest method for that is in Apache.

-Ralph