automx2 looking for MySQLdb

Ralph Seichter automx2 at seichter.de
Wed Mar 18 11:16:47 CET 2020

* William Edwards:

> automx2 is trying to import MySQLdb: "ModuleNotFoundError: No module
> named 'MySQLdb'"

No, automx2 does not attempt to import MySQLdb. Database access is
handled via SQLAlchemy, and depending on your local 'db_url' setting,
that's where the import happens.

→ grep -l -r 'import.\+MySQLdb' *
venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/testing/suite/test_results.py
venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/dialects/mysql/mysqldb.py

> Is this a bug or am I making a mistake?

It's not a bug, and if you actually wish to use a MySQL backend, it is
not a mistake either. "Gotta have them drivers". ;-)

-Ralph