Config example for multiple domains with different settings

Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH n.messerschmidt at buero.link-m.de
Wed Aug 3 12:17:55 CEST 2016

Hi,
I use automx for some of my domains. At the moment my automx.conf is
quite cluttered as I specify all settings for every domain.

I think there must be some way to point single domains to a set of
settings. But I don't understand how to do it. :)

Right now my automx.conf looks like this:

- --- working right now ---
# file: /etc/automx.conf

[automx]
provider = primarydomain.tld
domains = *

# Protect against DoS
memcache = 127.0.0.1:11211
memcache_ttl = 1
client_error_limit = 20
rate_limit_exception_networks = 127.0.0.0/8, ::1/128

[DEFAULT]
action = settings
account_type = email

[global]
backend = sql
{working sql settings}
{working static settings}

[domain1.tld]
backend = global

[domain2.tld]
{set of static settings(2)}

[domain3.tld]
{set of static settings(2)}

[domain4.tld]
{set of static settings(2)}

[domain5.tld]
{set of static settings(3)}
- --- working right now ---

I thought that something like this should also work:

- --- how I thought it should work ---
[global]
{see global settings from above}
[set1]
{...}
[set2]
{...}

[domain1.tld]
backend = global
[domain2.tld
backend = set1
[domain5.tld]
backend = set2
- --- how I thought it should work ---

What did I do wrong, or what could I do better?

Cheers
Nicki

- --
Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                    We make the Net work
Ludwig-Richter-Str. 29                      Tel. 089 / 890 518-0
80687 Muenchen                              Fax 089 / 890 518-77
info at link-m.de                              http://www.link-m.de
Handelsregister:                Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB 129182
Geschaeftsfuehrung:           Christine Wittig, Mathias Zunterer
PGP Keys:                             https://www.link-m.de/pgp/