Status update

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Sun Oct 11 22:48:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

I got a first automx code base that runs under Python3.

If you use LDAP, you must change python-ldap to the pyldap implementation. The current stable release of this library has a bug that is currently fixed in their master branch. But I tested it and it works. I also evaluate ldap3, which seems to have a SASL-bind bug as well. Not very easy to find a stable LDAP module for Python3.

I removed the m2crypto code and call openssl directly from within automx.

Currently, automx will only run on Python3 now, but I noticed that it does not need too much work, to get it working for Python2.7 and Python3.x. So I will do my best to get a version for both interpreters.

If there are people who like to test the current snapshot on Github, feel free to give me feedback.

Thanks in advance

Christian