Status updates

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Thu Oct 8 22:44:13 CEST 2015

> Am 07.10.2015 um 13:02 schrieb Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:
>
> Hi,
>

> Quoting Christian Rößner <c at roessner-network-solutions.com>:
>
>> Hi,

>> Unfortunately I do not have an Exchange server and I never could test the ActiveSync-feature for myself.
>
> You may want to have a look at Horde www.horde.org as as ActiveSync Server

Thank you for this information. Maybe I find some time later to look at Horde. At the moment I have some trouble porting automx to Python 3.

I updated the current master branch and got a first rudimentary version based on Python 3. Unfortunately I have sevral issues:

M2Crypto was not ported to P3 and it seems that there does not exist any other library with S/MIME-PKCS#7 support. That means I have to use external file operations with openssl. That is really bad

And I tried pyldap, a python-ldap fork that supports P3. Unfortunately that lib seg faults if using SASL. So there is a lot of work to be done to get automx P3 ready.

I was thinking about P3 for several months now. I think it is time to move code to P3. Many external modules have been integrated into standad lib (i.e. ipaddr->ipaddress) and utf-8 support.

If someone likes to help me porting the code and maybe getting it to work with P2.7 as well, feel free to send me pull requests on Github.

Thanks in advance

Christian