ActiveSync Autodiscover

Achim J. Latz achim+automx at qustodium.net
Tue May 29 21:33:21 CEST 2012

Hello Patrick:

On 29/05/2012 21:22, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> Yes. I need to talk this over with Christian, because our initial goal was to
> provide settings for SMTP/POP/IMAP and not HTTPS.

Sure, this is for the special case of using AutoMX + z-push.

Z-Push is a free ActiveSync implementation that uses IMAP/SMTP, CalDAV
and LDAP to "simulate" a level of Exchange server functionality [1],
namely mail, calendars, tasks and contacts.

In order for this to work under iOS, the end-user has to choose
"Exchange" as the type of account, and from there everything "just
works" with my php script. Would be great if this could be included in
AutoMX.

If there is an additional way to use autodiscover for mobile devices
*without* active sync, that would also be nice. However, when I add an
email account of type "Other" in iOS, the autodiscover server is not
even consulted. Do you know how/where what it does when it says "Looking
up account"?

The server specified in the DNS/SRV entry for autodiscover it consults
not...

Best regards, Achim

[1] <http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/>