Apple Mail clients?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Apr 23 07:49:52 CEST 2012

* Geoff Crompton <geoffc at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>:
> Does anyone know if Apple Mail successfully auto configures if the
> server side is using the automx software? I'm a little unclear if
> Apple are following the Microsoft or Mozilla provisioning approach,
> and hence whether this is supported or not.

Apple clients use the Microsoft schema, but only (!) if you are configuring an
Exchange Server account, which is not the case for POP or IMAP. If you run an
Exchange Server it can provide its own autodiscover service. automx therefore
doesn't strech out to support Exchange profiles.

p at rick

--
state of mind ()

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666