problem - automx with filter

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Tue Apr 3 10:05:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

> username = /usr/bin/grep "%u" /usr/local/lib/automx/mail/genericstable.txt | /usr/bin/awk '{print $1}'

Please try to put the command into a script file. For example create a directory /usr/local/share/automx and create it as:

filter.sh with the following content:

-----
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/grep "$1" /usr/local/lib/automx/mail/genericstable.txt | /usr/bin/awk '{print $1}'

exit 0
-----
chmod +x the file.

then modify your filter as followed:

username = /usr/local/share/automx/filter.sh %u

You also must put the stuff under this line into an extra backend called username:

-----
[username]
smtp = yes
smtp_server = smtpserv.example.de
smtp_port = 25
smtp_encryption = starttls
smtp_auth = plaintext
smtp_auth_identity = %u
smtp_default = yes

imap = yes
imap_server = %u.mail.example.de
imap_port = 993
imap_auth = plaintext
imap_auth_identity = %s

pop = yes
pop_server = %u.mail.example.de
pop_port = 995
pop_auth = plaintext

[example.de]
debug = yes

backend = filter
#backend = global
# example.com uses settings from the global section
-----

We already encountered problem like yours and it might be necessary to fix our documentation here.

You may want no rename your filter, because you can see that stands for a section that will be read afterwards. I am also not quite sure, if that looks okay wiht %u, as it just is the username part of the email. Is that what you want?

Best wishes

-Christian Rößner

---
Roessner-Network-Solutions